Low Sperm Count
Male infertility is often linked to the presence of a low sperm count. For a man this can be an extremely frustrating and stressful time. Understanding the causes and also the treatments available is an important step towards overcoming the problem.
Causes of Low Sperm Count
A low sperm count is defined as being less than 20 million spermatozoa per 1 ml of ejaculate. This can be the result of a number or combination of different causes.
· Genetic Disorders: Some disorders such as Kartagener’s Syndrome can leave men with a low sperm count.
· Testicular Injury or Illness: Injury or illness such as testicular cancer can have a negative effect on a man’s sperm count. It is always a good idea to discuss the possible side effects of any surgeries or treatments with a trained medical professional.
· Lifestyle Habits: A key reason for low sperm count is often associated with lifestyle choices made by men. Smoking, drug-use and excessive alcohol can all lead to fertility problems such as a low sperm count or reduced sperm motility. Learn about Volume Pills Review online | http://increase-sperm.org
· Vitamin Deficiencies: Deficiencies of Vitamin C, E, B12 and Zinc are all thought to lead to a reduced sperm count using volume pills.
· Obesity: Some medical professionals have suggested a link between obesity and a low sperm count.
· Stress: Stress can play havoc with many different bodily functions and the production of sperm is no different if you want to increase sperm count or increase seminal fluid. Stress at work or within the home can lead to a low sperm count in a man.
· Issues with Sexual Intercourse: Some men have psychological issues with sexual activity and this can cause stress which in turn can have an impact on their fertility, and more especially their sperm count.
· Overheating: Temporary reduction in sperm count has been associated with overheating caused by saunas and wearing restrictive underwear.
· Bicycling: This form of exercise has been linked to a low sperm count due to the pressure caused by the seat. This is not really the case with those who only cycle occasionally for leisure but more for serious cycling enthusiasts and competitors who want to increase sperm motility. If you suffer from low sperm count you can get help at http://alphaguys.weebly.com.
Treatments for Low Sperm Count
The treatments available for a low sperm count clearly depend upon the causes of the low sperm count in the first place.
1. Vitamin Supplements/ Herbal Treatments: For those with deficiencies treatment can include taking supplements to treat the deficiency.
2. Altering lifestyle habits: As low sperm count is often associated with poor lifestyle habits it can be treatable through quitting smoking and drug use and restricting your alcohol consumption.
3. Exercise: Exercise is good for alleviating stress, a cause of low sperm count.
4. Better Diet: Eating a healthy balanced diet rich in organic food and seeds such as pumpkin seeds is seen as being a healthy way to overcome problems associated with having a low sperm count.
5. Sexual Activity associated Treatments: Doctors recommend ejaculating less as this will increase the density of the semen. A three day break between ejaculations is seen as sufficient.
The best thing to do if you and your partner are having trouble conceiving or you believe you might have a low sperm count is to consult your doctor for advice on which treatments would be most suitable.